- Tuxedos or sport coats/suits with collared shirts with ties and dress pants are the attire for the evening.
- No jeans or cargo pants.
- Ladies: Long or short dresses permitted.
- If your dress is short, remember it needs to be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee.
- You may wear a dress with spaghetti straps or one that is strapless. The top must not show any cleavage. Just remember that you’ll want to be comfortable, as well as modest.
- Two piece dresses are allowed if the space between top and skirt is less than two inches. No navel is allowed to show.
- If your dress has a slit, it may come up only 2 inches above the knee (same as the length).
- Cover-ups (coats, shawls, sweaters) will be allowed over dresses as long as the dress meets the required standard.
Modesty is the key to dressing to please the Lord, and is a guideline of Shanan Classical. Students will need to meet these dress standards to enter the Prom. Parents, please make sure your student is appropriately dressed for this great evening.
If you need a suit and tie, or prom dress, please contact us as we know of places that offer free or discounted prom attire.