American History – Tutor: Mrs. Jen Litowski 2018-2019
Your high school student will gain a rich understanding of our nation's past by reading the history narrative and primary source documents, reading some classic American literature, completing a few writing assignments, map work and hands-on projects, and studying what the Bible says about issues and ideas in history. We will learn:
- To understand history from the perspective of faith in God and respect for His Word. Each unit will highlight spiritual issues related to events in American history.
- About events and issues from European exploration to the war on terror, with extensive coverage of the twentieth century
- To enjoy studying history through the words of people who made it by reading some classic American literature, poetry, documents and speeches
Requirements: This class and will require a minimum of 1 hour /day to be successful. The student will read the required passages, do map work, take quizzes and work on presentation projects. Class time will be used for content discussions, questions, presentations and mastery of material.
- Exploring America, Parts 1 & 2, and American Voices, by Notgrass (2014 printing) approx. $100. Notgrass does not discount their curriculum, but they do offer free shipping on orders over $50
- Exploring America Student Review Pack (includes Student Review, Quiz & Exam book, & Answer Key) approx. $17
Course Credit: 1 History
Available: Freshmen and Above
Annual Tuition: $425